Sunday, November 21, 2010

King of Solitude

Post title pulled from the name of a personal favorite of Chihiro Onitsuka's songs. (Warning for a video of the song that automatically plays on that page.)

Anyway! Lots of images, tonight. Most of them are a result of work for a contest being run by Capcom for Mega Man Legends 3... and I mentioned it in my last update. Read it there. I got my design finalized, and here it is!

The Kafer...Kaefer...Bohrer. It taught me that I don't know how to use paint programs to color anything.


And here we've got details on how it looks on the bottom and top, how its legs work...I had fun thinking these things up.


Here, in diagrams A through G, I've got doodled the mecha's various attacks...plus how it uses its legs to crawl up walls and walk around on the ceiling.

So in the process of designing that thing, I took the first design I sketched up in my last update, and began modifying it. The design I began work on right after that is pictured here. I gave the mecha two drills, and a set of turrets/guns on its underside. (Gun udders? Gun udders.)

I kept working on it... but when I looked back to the original design I drew, I scrapped this "version 2" update to the design, and modified its original design to produce the final "version 3" design.

This page had ink-drawn doodles of the mecha's attacks, and leg detail of version 2, but...neither was used. The leg extension illustration here seems...more detailed than version 3's.

So, besides that, I've got some material I've drawn for Rose Hero. I realized that I didn't have much in the way of designs for the mechanical enemies that I want the heroes to fight, so I drew some up one day before working on version 2's design.

Ideas for the police in the city that Rose Hero takes place in...amongst other things.

Sketches and ideas for Van, another Rose Hero character. There's also a possible doodle here for his "home."

Scene brainstorming, brush and comic practice...Rosa's face in Panel 3 got screwed-up when I tried to render the eye on the right side. I also didn't plan anything out beyond the first four panels, which lead to an awkward scene, I think.

"Wow, I can't draw action poses. It's tough to draw the moment of impact, or the moment after an attack." That's what I thought, then I drew this.

And then I hastily began drawing this just to fill a page. I like the weird, creepy guy in the top-right of the page, there. His gesture pleases me. The sequence of images in the bottom-left are what I do as I read stupid things on the internet.

And this...this is a War Penguin. It came about when someone at college asked me to draw a War Penguin riding a Panda. The penguin turned out well, but then...I couldn't remember what the Hell a panda looks like. I messed the panda up, but I like everything else, including the Kiwi-riding War Penguin.

ANYWAAAAY, counting the two attack illustration images as one drawing, I've got fourteen drawings for today.

So, that brings us up to...302 drawings.

I should have 325, though. So I'm behind by 23.

I'm getting there. Catching up slowly...

No comments:

Post a Comment