Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Do what I want, and I'll do it my way

Title pulled from the lyrics to Sonic Colors' theme song.

Anyway. Only seven in this update, but I figure I'll get them out of the way that way the next update doesn't take so long.

This is the drawing that sits on the last page of the sketchbook that I'd been using since mid-July. I used the brush for everything but the last drawing that I threw-together because I wanted to finish that page off. Pictured along the top are the three protagonists from the stories I've given the most time to lately.

...Yes, I'm that self-absorbed that I draw myself like this. The narcissism is practically bleeding through my ink.

And then I finally filled the first page of that sketchbook, filling it completely. And hey, look! Hands. Not that the first hand on the left is any good, though.

And then I christened a new sketchbook with this drawing, doodling ideas for Vampires, mostly. I really liked how the first of those three comic panels turned out.

And this one went untouched while I worked on a report for two days. I returned to the page while using a dipping pen tip that I hadn't made use of in months.

And I loved the line quality it gave me.

And this...just ignore that second panel. It turned out terribly. The pose I nailed down for Red Adonis in the bottom panel, with the sword out, looks nice if you ignore the disproportionately-long arms.

Just pay attention to the biological abomination and the Squid Mage on the right.


Messing around with the crow tip dipping pen for the greater amount of the page. I liked the expressions on Sero and Rosa's faces up top, and the pose that Aruna's lying down in over at the middle of the page.

...Richard, down at the bottom-left, just looks...wrong. Oh well, can't say I...didn't try.

And this is just brainstorming for mecha ideas for use in Rose Hero.

Chances are that I'll be drawing a lot of robot ideas soon, since Capcom recently announced a contest to design a machine that'll be featured in Mega Man Legends 3. Considering that the majority of my robot designs are heavily influenced by Mega Man Legends, I think this...works out quite well.

So anyway. Seven drawings, yeah?

That bumps me up to 281 drawings total.

I should have 313 drawings by today, though.

So I'm behind by...32. No progress made on catching up with this update.

Just means I have to get into gear even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment