Monday, May 24, 2010

Whooo. Update.

Yaaayyyyy. I'm updatiiinnngggg.

And the funny thing is, I skipped some pages from my sketchbook because I feel that they're not worth the effort of scanning innnn~!

Pastel. Just classwork - the only piece that actually turned out well last week. This week doesn't seem to be looking up, with regards to my Figure Drawing class, either.

Quick sketches of bears for personal reference, for...well, you can see for yourselves.

Conceptual sketches for Little Red. Notice the belt buckle.

I tried getting myself started on the comic, but I quickly realized I have a great deal of trouble establishing interior shots of houses and buildings...so I need to get on that. Still.

The result of seeing more of Batman: Arkham Asylum in action.

Some quick attempts at studies using a brush, with horrible results.

Monster design.

Comic idea, practicing...subpar results.

Fun with...well, "character studies," or "character doodles," I guess.

And this is probably a sign that my drawings are going to go downhill again, and I'm going to be stuck in a frustrated rut because my drawings are going to be garbage.

ANYWAAAAAY.

10 drawings in this update.
150 drawings total.
144 is the quota for today, so I'm ahead by 6 days.

Means I'm covered up through May 30th.

...Man, I'm getting a headache from thinking back to figure drawing, damn it.
I'm doing something wrong. I know I am.

2 comments:

  1. why didn't my comment post itself?...
    I was saying I liked the ink brush work. it gives your figures more dimension, in form as well as emotion. perhaps try doing a really loose pencil sketch underneath the brush work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh whoa.

    Hi, Rachel. :D

    And yeah, I think it's been a horrible misconception on my part to try doing nothing but eyeballing for studies.

    ReplyDelete