Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Surplus

Figured I'd update before I had to try manage a large handful of images in one post...

Anyway, I got some stuff from my figure drawing class, of...varying quality.

Charcoal on self-toned paper, using a kneaded eraser for highlights, with bits of yellow pastel.



Same story for these two. These are from today, though. I might get a higher-quality image of the really dark-looking drawing. Lighting wasn't exactly the best.

SO YEAH. That Little Red Riding Hood idea? It's consumed my mind. I figured I'd change my rendition of Little Red around a bit, so that she didn't resemble BB Hood all that much.

My solution, though...kind of badly drawn here.
Well, really badly drawn here...
...my solution was to give her robotic arms and legs.

Ideas about her grandmother, and short ideas about her hairstyle. Also some quick sketches of wolves to get an idea for what their heads are shaped like.

Some sketches of faces, including Stan Lee, at the top-right.

MegaMan doodles, fingertip guns...ideas for the Big Bad Wolf.


More sketches of Little Red and the wolf. More vicious rendition is in pen. I'll probably draw up some comic pages, soon. I think this miniature project will make for good practice and warm-up for me.

So that's another 8 drawings.
Adding to the 132 from before, I'm at 140 drawings total.

Since I should have 132 drawings by today, I'm ahead by 8 days.
That means I'm coverd up through...next Thursday, the 20th of May. o_o

...

Hot damn. That doesn't feel right.

No comments:

Post a Comment