Monday, May 10, 2010

Advent of Red Hoods

So I kind of almost fell behind again.

More accurately, I almost fell behind being behind, almost becoming more late than I already was?

I've got more to post...or, well, I -will- have more to post once I get photos of my work from my figure drawing class.

ANYWAAAAY. MOVING ON.

All of this page is for projects with friends, come to think of it. The top half is for a website I'm conbtributing to. (Or, well...eh, I guess that's the simplest way to put it?) The bottom half is for the project of the friend I mentioned in my last post. Not...entirely sure about how happy I am with the results?

A touched-up version of the space pod. (Not counting this as a separate image, just putting it out here.)

Just doodling of Casshern. Or at least as much as I can remember of Casshern without a reference in front of me. This was done at school, so...no computer I can readily use.

More for the previously mentioned project! The main character. I kind of tweaked a few bits of his design here and there, trying to differentiate him from Captain Falcon a bit more. But then I got bored and decided to draw him in Viewtiful Joe proportions, and diving down punching at someone (something?).

Originally, this was for the same project: Trying to come up with faces for other characters, but only really came out with one I was satisfied with. Then I decided to try draw a bird and a squirrel.

So last Friday, I was watching a friend (same one who I'm creating designs for) play Batman: Arkham Asylum. One of Batman's abilities in the game is a really useful X-ray vision that lets him see through walls, and identify enemies and allies. We forgot to use this when we were jumping over an ambulance in a new area...and were promptly shot by enemies with guns.

It needed chronicling.

Just a lot of random drawings - I'd read something about fighting in the bakery section of a grocery store using baked goods, and drew up the baker. Everything else just dropped into place, including that quick sketch of the Tokyo Metropolitan Office in the upper right.

Last night, I had this idea to make a really badass Little Red Riding Hood, running around with guns and explosives, beating the snot out of anything and everything that opposed her. I decided to follow up on the idea in my free time today, and produced this and the next drawing.


...But then I realized that my idea is a really, really borderline copycat of BB Hood from Darkstalkers. God damn it.

WELL, WHATEVER. That's it for this update.

8 drawings in today's update.
132 drawings total, now.
That leaves 233 more drawings to go for this year.

Should have 130 by today, though.
I'm...caught up? o_O What?

...Wait, my math doesn't seem quite right.

Oh, whatever. I'll just make sure I have an excess of 10 or 15 by the year's end, and I should be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment