Saturday, August 7, 2010

Owls and Brushes

I'm...working so slowly. ;_;

BUT ANYWAY. I've been playing around with using the brush for lines.

I like the results that it's been cranking out. Conceptual sketches for a story idea. Brainstorming, etc.

More of the same. Couldn't figure out how/what to draw in that last panel in the upper-right...

Playing around with the brush again, using some more familiar characters.

I drew this after becoming infatuated with saw-whet owls at the Oregon Zoo. Hooterman/Owlman, however, is the product of a running joke I reference every time my friends and I pass by Hooters.

And this is what I would be in my idealistic vision of the world as a massive Japanese RPG: A Shovel Knight.

And this...this is another owl. Only rendered in watercolor, and much more beautiful than the plain linework owls from earlier. This owl is gorgeous.

SO LET'S SEE HOW MY FAILURE AT WORKING CONSISTENTLY HAS ADDED UP:

6 drawings in this update. I now have 197 total.
I SHOULD have 219 drawings by today, though.

...I'm behind by...what? 22?
Yep, I'm behind by 22 drawings...

OH MAN. ;_;

1 comment:

  1. I really love your animals. That owl is indeed beautiful.

    ReplyDelete