Sunday, August 15, 2010

Late and Lame

I UPDATED AGAIN.

...Not that I particularly like most of what I've drawn over the past few days.

This page started to be filled after coming off of the Shovel Knight high, but then went into concept sketches for Garlic Gun.

More Garlic Gun: Concept sketches for Count Crow. I remain at a loss as to how to go about giving a vampire with stupid-ridiculous SERAPH HAIR an aesthetically-pleasing "super form."

Character doodles related to another project...and the proportions are off on the first one. :|

More character doodles related to the same project. I'm actually quite pleased with how these look. The dancing figure on the left, in particular. The brush gives me nice line quality...when I'm not being stupid with it.


And these were drawn whilst staring at photos of cosplayers and seagulls off of Flickr. Except for the girl in the bottom-right.
Garlic Gun sketches and a demon. The ox-drawn cart down there is a wonderful idea that popped up into my head while watching Courage the Cowardly Dog.

And this...well, this was from a variety of things. Matthew Patel's entrance in Scott Pilgrim influenced me heavily after I was exposed to his display of MYSTICAL POWERS in the movie the other day. (And I hate Namco-Bandi for making stupid localization choices regarding certain franchises.)


Now, these last two are sketches I made while in dry, scorching heat at the park downtown. The first one I started and finished while at the park, but the second I managed only to pencil a rough sketch. I finished the drawing in ink just tonight. (Using both the rough pencil sketch and my memory.) Both were drawn on full pages of a sketchbook much smaller than the one that the rest of my drawings are from, so I'll count these as half a drawing each.

So...in total, that's eight drawings.

That boosts me up to 205 total drawings.
I should have 227 by today, though.

...So I'm behind by 22. Still. :|

2 comments:

  1. Count Crow's hairstyle reminds me of Siren from FFVIII, but it also reminds me of something else that may be a little more like what you're trying to go for, but I... can't... quite... put my... finger on it. Maybe it's the way the wings on the Wing Zero Custom fan out. I'm not sure.

    Your vampire war-criminal mystically sealed coffin shrine thing is really cool. You do a good job with backgrounds and set pieces. Most of your drawings are character designs and figure drawings. There's certainly nothing wrong with the practice, but I'd like to see more of what you can do with environments. I'm fascinated by artist's abilities to perceive and replicate other worlds from their imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your landscape drawings at the end look great. There's a great sense of perspective and proportion especially in the second. However I think you should play around with value. Maybe buy 5 or seven of those Copic markers, just the cool or warm grey set. They could be a nice excersise or addition to your comics. They might be easier than doing watercolor.
    And from seeing the page of drawings referanced from flickr images I would HIGHLY recommend using photo referance. I could see the differance before I even read the comment.
    Keep up the good work! You certainly beat my butt in shear quantity (and environ's, shit I hate those) XD

    P.S. Change your comment settings! I am not a robot so I hate the word verification code! >__<

    ReplyDelete