Monday, July 12, 2010

Awe!: The Boy Returns!

Alright, members of the privately-public! This is a long-overdue update for the blog!

You might be wondering why this update is so late, and why I haven't drawn much... Well, in that case, I blame the presence of this man in my family's house for two weeks!:

It's my grandfather. Now that he's back in Hawaii, (along with this portrait of him that I gave to him) I can resume drawing normally...supposing I can focus long enough.

This was a drawing that I tried working on while Grandpa was here. I'm preeetty sure that Afro-Dracula is just something I scribbled-up to fill the page.

Dragons, flying lizards, and...cow-tree-dragon hybrids? It was concept work for a story involving dragons. I was bored during my mother's indoor soccer game, and drew this page up. Dracula makes another appearance.

And this is where I had stopped drawing for a week or so because Grandpa's presence was so stressful. This page had no ink or color on it until just this afternoon. It's concept work for a story idea that came to mind after the dragon idea became boring.


And then this was...this is the result of me trying to get back to drawing shortly after Grandpa returned home. Not too proud of it...
Concept work for another story idea. I'm not sure if the name will stick, but please know that I enjoy combining the wild west with vampires, among other things.

NOW THEN. SPECIAL TREAT. This is the 49th page of my senior project from High School.


And THIS is me redrawing that page after three years have passed. It makes me feel good to feel like I've improved. ;_; OH GOD THE SENSATION OF FULFILLMENT IS SO NICE.


Anyway. I'm reeeeaaally behind.

7 drawings in this update makes for a total of 179.
That leaves only 186 more drawings to go for this year.
I SHOULD have 193 drawings by today, though.

So I'm behind by 14.

TIME TO GET BACK INTO GEAR.

2 comments:

  1. Your comic pages remind me of Brian Lee O'Malley's blog post on confusing speech bubble layouts. And it's cool seeing just how much you've improved over the years in your artwork. Well done, Sir.

    Also, Garlic Gun is awesome, and thank you for the weird Matthew Patel sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've gotten leagues better since your senior project. I can actually tell what's going on in your remake.

    Also, I'd love to see you do less manga emulation - I can tell you're capable of much more interesting imagery.

    ReplyDelete