Sunday, July 25, 2010

Ego Rising

Still...so slow...still...lack of update...lack of drawing.

Must...get on track.

This started as a doodle of a robot. Sonic followed afterwards, then Eggman came up, and then the Servbot came up because the robot reminded me too much of the Gustaff from The Misadventures of Tron Bonne.

Character sketches for the same story idea that's connected back to those landscape sketches.

ANGST ANGST ANGST RAGE ANGST ANGST. This is what I do because I'm uncomfortable making video blogs on Youtube for my discomfort with the world.

...I...comic-blog instead?

I really liked drawing this first panel...and then my effort and enthusiasm dropped as I worked my way down the page. I don't draw close-ups that well.

Also, I hesitate to use my brush and ink to fill in areas of black. I used my brush-tip pen for the next page.

I hate drawing scythes being swung, because it's still a bit difficult for me to envision it...but these don't look so bad. Also, I've realized how wonderful solid black areas are. CONTRAST IS WONDERFUL.

More character sketches and brainstorming.

SO YEAH. SIX IMAGES.
187 drawings total.

I should have 206 by today, though.

...So I'm behind by...

...187 + 13 = 200... + 6 = 206.
13 + 6 = 19.

...I'm behind by 19.

Which is...Not as bad as I thought.

1 comment:

  1. Have you read DOGS by Shirow Miwa? You might not be interested in the plot but he does a lot of strictly black and white comic pages. It might help with contrast and page layout ideas. fyi look at vol 1 or 2 not 0 (vol 0 has more screentone)

    ReplyDelete