Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 Has Begun!

O' glorious day!

I type this while functioning on 4 hours of sleep, wrought by trying to stay up to witness the first dawn of the new year. Instead, I awoke at around 10:00 to beautiful sunlight. I enjoyed that much, at least.

So, 'round 7:30 or 8, I got to drawing in my sketchbook.



And here's the result.

The two comic panel-looking bits in the upper-left were penciled some number of days ago, but I never got around to inking them. I started off drawing the three girls over on the right, and just took off from there.

(Man, I suck at rendering girls' hair...amongst a bunch of other things.)

I threw Dr. Tenma into the bottom left because I felt the urge to add a glasses-wearing man somewhere, and it filled the empty white void.

(EDIT: Specifically, it's the rendition of Dr. Tenma from the manga, "Pluto." That's why he looks...kind of like Gendo Ikari?)

Also, as a side note, I realized a few weeks ago that I never draw on both sides of the pages in my sketchbook. This is (or was, now) because I was always afraid of drawings smearing and ruining each other due to pages rubbing against each other.

I figured a way to circumvent this would be to just ink everything that I drew on the pages' backsides. I think when I fill this sketchbook up entirely, (and hey, I essentially double my drawing space) I'll have that many more drawings to be entertained by.

ANYWAY. It's January 2nd, now.

3 drawings total, covered for January 3rd.
362 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment