Sunday, October 24, 2010

Drawings-a-go-go, baby!

Holy hamster crackers, Batman, I'm updating this twice in one week!

There's even color in one of the images! Oh my, how unusual.

From Friday: Rose Hero's main cast, with the spotlight on Sarah dancing. I colored this in some pretty poor lighting, so I'm not entirely sure how well that it turned out...

I really liked how her pose turned out, even if her arms may be a little too long. The one in the back seems to have an abnormally-long wrist.

Design doodles of Black Iris. I'm still trying to get her appearance closer to her original concept sketch that my friend provided me so many years back.

I also changed the scythe's appearance, among other things. No black/shading for the sake of me being able to see folds and the like without screwing things up royally.

Design doodles of Sero, the main character. In the past, I'd draw his hair according to a mental formula, so it'd always have a rather inorganic look... I'm seeing how things look if I ignore that voice in my head and just draw it without that formula in mind. (Something like, five points of hair in the front, five in the back, or such...)

I think he looks more lively and flowy than I've ever drawn him in the past.

...but that drawing of him with his hand outstretched looks Hell-weird. My grasp of perspective still needs work. (Haha. The hand looks weird. "Grasp of perspective." Hahaha...)

More scene brainstorming and comic practice. Now with marginally-more backgrounds than past updates. I had penciled this back on Thursday, but never got around to inking it until tonight. The fifth panel's really all that bothers me, since Aruna's hand against her cheek is...I just didn't draw that right.

Useless trivia?: I redrew the last panel three times before settling on a pose for Sero.

Alright. Four drawings today, and we're bumped-up to 264 drawings total.

I should have 297 by today, though.

So I'm behind by 33. That's one less than before, but it's still progress toward catching up.


Haha...Early into the blog, I counted any drawing that I did for a day as one single drawing. That changed into "one page of sketchbook or one page of drawings from anywhere" equals one drawing toward my count. Makes it more difficult, but it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment