Saturday, August 20, 2011

One Longest Way

Title pulled from the lyrics to "Distance" by Long Shot Party. (Give the music video a watch. It's entertaining, to say the least.)

Anyway. Not too much to show off this time around, but I've been doing some more playing around with sharpies and some pens that my brother brought home with him from Hawaii. Eight drawings total in today's update.


This was drawn...sometime last week. A week from today, actually. I wanted to draw something to cheer up my girlfriend while she was at work, so I drew the three most important Oresoren from Tales of Legendia. What better way could there have been? The drawing itself has nice, bold lines. I liked using the sharpie for this.

Then, earlier today, I was just doodling in the bottom half of the page, but...got lazy halfway through.

Sarah from my Rose Hero storyline. I played with the sharpie again when I drew her here. I'm pretty satisfied with how she looks in this page, except...something about the way I drew her leg and hips in the drawing of her running just seems off. Like the perspective and alignment of her legs is wrong.

This was just...well, pointless doodling. Toying with the sharpie more.

More sharpie play. I just gave up on this before too much time passed - it was starting to look terrible. The first panel does look very nice, though. I feel like I managed a good sense of action in it.

Aruna from my Rose Hero storyline. I rarely draw largely, and I also rarely draw close-ups of any characters. I gave it a shot here, using the sharpie for a lot of the lines, and...it seems like it turned out okay. Nothing too stellar, especially with the shape of the hair and the proportions of the head/face, but for once, it doesn't look like something that makes me want to die on the inside.

Also, colored Aruna looks waaaay too motherly, for some reason.

Rosa, also from Rose Hero. Playing with her design and drawing large(r) again. Something seems off about her proportions, and her hands also seem kind of wonky.


Richard, also from Rose Hero. Tried the same thing with Aruna, this time with arguably better results. The sharpie is amazing.

The drawing of him standing looks particularly impressive, I think. I stared at him and thought, "Wow, this looks really good."

This was...well, this was just for fun. So many things bother me about Aruna in this drawing - her back looks like it stretches backwards too far, her arm is a bit too long, and her hair looks like a mess.

But that aside, I did have fun drawing this. I play with ideas about Sarah and Aruna in my head.

Anyhow. I seem to be getting back into drawing more regularly. It's starting to feel a lot better, somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment