Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dazzling

Post title sharing its name with the translation of a track from Star Driver's OST.

ANYWAY! I had a large chunk of time to myself to draw today...largely as a result of having nothing to do at school until 3:30 PM, and getting to the campus at about 8:30 AM. I sat and drew for maybe all but 30 minutes.

(Not like I have much to show for it, the way I draw, right? Right?)

This wasn't from today's drawing session. This was from a few days ago. Top is a drawing made from a lounge elsewhere on campus, made while waiting for my English 102 class. All but one of the faces in the bottom segment are drawn from a hairstyle magazine.

Faces from hairstyle magazines, a Nordstroms catalogue, and an Amtrak brochure. The old man in the top-right turned out best, I think.

Overall, I've been enjoying drawing out of that hairstyle magazine...although, I really should start drawing from life and not photos. >_>;

Anyway, the rest of the drawings are of characters from my Rose Hero story/plot. People checking in regularly with the blog should be familiar with these recurring faces...

Sketches of Sero/Red Adonis. I'm not too keen on how anything besides the bottom-left drawing turned out. Everything else looks...awkward. I'd have filled in the black or toned areas, but the pens I use for that have...dried-up. ._.

Various characters. Aruna and Sero on a dock, at the top. Aruna, on the left, seems...oddly-proportioned, and it bothers me. Maybe it's just the angle and perspective. Down below on the left was an attempt at redesigning Rosa with a new hairstyle, which I am very, very pleased with.

Sketches of Richard...nothing too special here. His sleeve in the top-left drawing seems like it's too...smooth? Lacking detail, I guess.

And then this is me playing with Rosa's new design. I'd enjoy the swinging drawing much more if her eyes hadn't turned out so strange-looking.

Overall, I'm feeling like I'm getting back into the swing of things.

I'm remembering the feeling that I need the most if I want to draw my best.

(24 images still left in order to meet last year's quota, though!)

No comments:

Post a Comment