Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Reaper-Reaper

Post title pulled from the lyrics of "Philistine," from No More Heroes 2. The song was stuck in my head for about an hour, today...and I don't even have it on my mp3 player.

Been a bit since I last updated. Had a speech in Public Speaking that dragged and bogged my schedule down. But now that that's done with, I should have a chance to draw some more.

I also went ahead and scanned what I had tonight...so here's what I've got!

So there was that story idea I had, spawned from the dream of the anthromorphic cat killing the anthromorphic cat king...I drew up more material for it. Specifically, I drew the king of that story, tenatively named "Crown."

Maybe he's a cat! Maybe he's a bear! Maybe he's a dog! Maybe he's all of those things! I like the way he looks, regardless...even if his proportions are sort of apelike?

There was a little girl I'd developed, an orphan girl whose tenative name is either "Tira" or "Tiramisu," depending on how silly I want to be. Not too much went into this.

There's also a sloppy doodle of a castle/tower on the left.

So, if the king is an anthromorphic cat-bear-dog man, then obviously, his knights must be anthromorphic sort-of animal-men as well! So this page was half spent doodling them.

And then we have Belt, from the last update, kicking one in the head.


The queen, tentatively named "Meringue," is human. So make of that what you will in your imaginations. I reconsidered how her face, hair, and head should look while I filled the page out, so I'll likely change her around some...and use better references for royal-looking clothes?

Also, as I inked her, my brush pen began running out of ink. That might show a little bit.

Lastly, I drew Belt again. I like how a lot of stuff on this page turned out, even if the proportions and perspective on a good handful of Belt's body is off. I think that at least the gesture is nice.


Anyway, that's all for now.

Where do we go from here?

No comments:

Post a Comment